After installing your retrofit CarPlay System from Integrated Automotive, you will need to enable CarPlay on your iPhone and connect to the vehicle.
*Note that this guide is specific to the IMI-1000 Retrofit CarPlay Kit.
Enabling Apple CarPlay is a simple process, it involves a few changes to the settings in your iPhone.
1. Enter iPhone “Settings” by selecting the icon below;
2. Select “General” settings
3. Select “CarPlay” settings
4. If you have Bluetooth turned off you will be prompted to enable it now.
5. Enter the Bluetooth menu in your phone and find the IMI-1000 (the bluetooth iD may differ)
Connect to it, it may ask for a passcode, which is “8362” , when asked if you want to use CarPlay, press accept.
6. You are now ready to start using Apple CarPlay!
The central information display on your vehicle dash will now display the CarPlay Interface, as seen below;